Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Apartment

Hey everyone! 

So today wasn't really that eventful. I had to go to work early (around 9 am), so I was naturally irritated when I had to wake up. I ended up going to bed at 3 am because I had been watching "The Devil Wears Prada" in Spanish. I feel like a lot of emotion is lost when movies are translated, but oh well. It was still fierce. I hope to become fluent in Spanish within the next year; it's essential in New York. Maybe I'll buy Rosetta Stone...

It was CRAZY hot/humid here today. I almost stripped down to my underwear on 3rd Ave. because it was 82 degrees with 63% humidity. According to the weather channel, it felt like 90, but according to me, it felt like death. Luckily there was a Starbucks nearby that had the AC cranked to Antarctic conditions. 

Anywho, I know that you are all DYING to finally see pictures of my apartment!!! I've lived here for a little over a month now (although my first rent payment felt like I had owed backed rent for years), and the only person who has seen it is Kristen, when she helped me move in. Bear with me, the pictures were taken in haste because the neighbors were sitting on their stoop and seemed irritated with me (is it illegal to sit on someone else's stoop? If so, I should report them for being creeps). 


my door is on the left!!



... and some of the inside!!





Forgive me for not posting pictures of my actual room. It is a disaster zone in desperate need of professional organization. Don't worry, it will give me something to post tomorrow. And you haven't even seen the rooftop view yet! OH. MY. GOD. I can't wait to post tomorrow =]


No comments: