Saturday, January 17, 2009

Frozen state?

So, apparently New York City is in a "frozen state", which means NOBODY is hiring at the moment. This is dangerous! Learning about the Great Depression during the 1920's in high school, it seemed unrealistic by today's standards, and it was just plain crazy to think of something similar happening today.

HOWEVER. I am so disgusted with the economy right now, that it's making me physically ill. What kind of world are we living in when all Starbucks locations in NYC have halted their hiring process because they are laying off all of their employees? Are you serious?! I can't even get a job at McDonald's!!

I'm sitting here in Panera and looking at a group of kids whos parents all bought their designer coats, their iPhones, their cashmere Diesel gloves. They will never have to worry about words like "economy", or "depression". I'm not looking at them with envy, I'm not so sure that I would enjoy being one of those kids...

...but right now, a pair of cashmere Diesel gloves is looking pretty good :D

No comments: