Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I will be brilliant.

I've been thinking a lot about dreams lately. Not the kind of dreams you fall asleep with, but the kind that drive you crazy while you're awake. I think about the kind of dreams that you dedicate your life to chasing.

Everyone has dreams. Four-year-olds dream of being doctors and firefighters- although our dreams change throughout the years, they never lose their essence. It seems to me that the older some people get, the more apt they become to settling into someone else's dream; whatever happened to hard work and dedication?

I admire people that achieve their dreams. I also believe that dreams die with your body- you work is never complete. I'd rather be 50 years old with 20 dreams in progress than 20 years old with 50 dreams in my wastebin.

My dreams are who I am, my talent is mine forever. So why do people give up on their dreams so early in life? Whatever happened to becoming a star, a designer, the President of the United States?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, right?

Wrong. You're terribly wrong.

No comments: